- 1 What are cyber security objectives?
- 2 What are the 3 key objectives of computer security?
- 3 What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
- 4 What are the five key principles of cyber security?
- 5 What is the use of cyber security services?
- 6 What are the types of cyber security?
- 7 What are the 3 principles of cyber defense?
- 8 What are the fundamental goals of computer security?
- 9 Which security goal is the most important?
- 10 What are the three main categories of security?
- 11 What is considered a cyber threat?
- 12 What is vulnerability and its types in cyber security?
- 13 What are the six principles of information security management?
What are cyber security objectives?
Cybersecurity refers to the use of network architecture, software, and other technologies to protect organizations and individuals from cyber attacks. The objective of cybersecurity is to prevent or mitigate harm to—or destruction of— computer networks, applications, devices, and data.
What are the 3 key objectives of computer security?
Security of computer networks and systems is almost always discussed within information security that has three fundamental objectives, namely confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
The most common software security vulnerabilities include:
- Missing data encryption.
- OS command injection.
- SQL injection.
- Buffer overflow.
- Missing authentication for critical function.
- Missing authorization.
- Unrestricted upload of dangerous file types.
- Reliance on untrusted inputs in a security decision.
What are the five key principles of cyber security?
Purpose of the cyber security principles
- Govern: Identifying and managing security risks.
- Protect: Implementing security controls to reduce security risks.
- Detect: Detecting and understanding cyber security events.
- Respond: Responding to and recovering from cyber security incidents.
What is the use of cyber security services?
Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security.
What are the types of cyber security?
Cyber security professionals should have an in-depth understanding of the following types of cyber security threats.
- Malware. Malware is malicious software such as spyware, ransomware, viruses and worms.
- Denial of Service.
- Man in the Middle.
- SQL Injection.
- Password Attacks.
What are the 3 principles of cyber defense?
The fundamental principles (tenets) of information security are confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
What are the fundamental goals of computer security?
Computer security has three main goals: Confidentiality: Making sure people cannot acquire information they should not (keeping secrets) Integrity: Making sure people cannot change information they should not (protecting data) Availability: Making sure people cannot stop the computer from doing its job.
Which security goal is the most important?
Instead, the goal of integrity is the most important in information security in the banking system. To guarantee integrity under the CIA triad, information must be protected from unauthorized modification.
What are the three main categories of security?
There are three primary areas or classifications of security controls. These include management security, operational security, and physical security controls.
What is considered a cyber threat?
A cyber or cybersecurity threat is a malicious act that seeks to damage data, steal data, or disrupt digital life in general. Cyber -attacks include threats like computer viruses, data breaches, and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
What is vulnerability and its types in cyber security?
To put it in the most basic terms, a computer system vulnerability is a flaw or weakness in a system or network that could be exploited to cause damage, or allow an attacker to manipulate the system in some way.
What are the six principles of information security management?
The Six Principles of Information Security Management • The fundamental principles of information security include: • Confidentiality • Privacy • Quality • Availability • Trustworthiness • Integrity (Twomey, 2010).