- 1 What is OCO in cyber security?
- 2 What is defensive cyber security?
- 3 What is the DoDIN?
- 4 What are the main areas cyber Defence focuses on?
- 5 What are the seven 7 steps of the cyber kill chain give one detailed example of one of the steps?
- 6 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 7 What certificates are needed for cyber security?
- 8 What is a SIEM solution?
- 9 When should a security badge be visible?
- 10 What does NIPRNet stand for?
- 11 What is the best way to protect your CAC?
- 12 Is Cyber Security hard?
- 13 What is the average salary for cyber security?
- 14 Is cybersecurity a good career?
What is OCO in cyber security?
Offensive cyberspace operations ( OCO ) are “intended to project power by the application of force in and through cyberspace. In any event, offensive cyber operations are to be used discriminatingly. “Military attacks will be directed only at military targets.
What is defensive cyber security?
Defensive Track: Uses a reactive approach to security that focuses on prevention, detection, and response to attacks. General Track: Utilizes a mix of offensive and defensive tactics to provide cybersecurity.
What is the DoDIN?
The DoDIN is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) globally interconnected, end-to-end set of electronic information capabilities and associated processes for collecting, processing, storing, disseminating, and managing digital information on-demand to warfighters, policy makers, and support personnel, including owned and
What are the main areas cyber Defence focuses on?
Cyber defence focuses on preventing, detecting and providing timely responses to attacks or threats so that no infrastructure or information is tampered with.
What are the seven 7 steps of the cyber kill chain give one detailed example of one of the steps?
The 7 Essential Steps of the Cybersecurity Kill – Chain Process
- Step 1: RECONNAISSANCE. Harvesting email addresses, conference information, etc.
- Step 2: WEAPONIZATION.
- Step 3: DELIVERY.
- Step 4: EXPLOITATION.
- Step 5: INSTALLATION.
- Step 6: COMMAND AND CONTROL.
- Step 7: Actions on Objectives.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
What certificates are needed for cyber security?
The top 6 professional cyber security certifications and who they’re for
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
What is a SIEM solution?
Security Information and Event Management ( SIEM ) is a software solution that aggregates and analyzes activity from many different resources across your entire IT infrastructure. SIEM collects security data from network devices, servers, domain controllers, and more.
When should a security badge be visible?
When is it appropriate to have your securing badge visible with a sensitive compartmented information facility? At all time when is the facility.
What does NIPRNet stand for?
The Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network ( NIPRNet ) is an IP network used to exchange unclassified information, including information subject to controls on distribution, among the private network’s users.
What is the best way to protect your CAC?
To protect the information on your CAC, you should never tell anyone your PIN or write it down where it can be easily found. Your PIN should be kept secure at all times, just like your Social Security Number.
Is Cyber Security hard?
Even though a job in cybersecurity can be highly rewarding and satisfying, it can also be very challenging and stressful. Understanding some of the job responsibilities, as well as the characteristics and personality traits of these jobs, may help you decide if a career in cybersecurity is right for you.
What is the average salary for cyber security?
According to LinkedIn’s data, salaries for cyber security professionals range from $65,000 to $130,000 per year, with a median salary of $92,000 annually.
Is cybersecurity a good career?
Cybersecurity as an overall industry has a very promising career outlook. It has low unemployment and in fact, many countries have a deficit of employees. This means if you are qualified you can expect to never go unemployed for an extended period of time as a cybersecurity professional.