- 1 What is the weakest link in cyber security?
- 2 Why are security links the weakest?
- 3 What does the weakest link mean?
- 4 What aspect is considered your weakest link in any security solution or product?
- 5 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 6 Which is the biggest weak point in information security?
- 7 Why is security cost effective?
- 8 What is fail safe in cyber security?
- 9 What is only as strong as its weakest link?
- 10 Who said a chain is as strong as its weakest link?
- 11 WHO said a team is only as strong as its weakest link?
- 12 What is the weakest element in any security solution?
- 13 What is the primary reason to avoid risk?
- 14 Which of the following is not considered an example of data hiding?
You already know the weakest link of an organization’s security. In the People-Process-Technology triad, the weakest link is the employee of an organization. According to a report by HelpNet Security, 43% of UK and US employees have made errors resulting in cyber security repercussions for their organizations.
The simple answer to this question is that humans are fallible. And because of that fact, hackers realize that the easiest way to gain access to their targets is to focus on and exploit human nature.
noun. the weakest link British the person who is making the least contribution to the collective achievement of the group.
According to F-Secure, over one-third of all security incidents start with phishing emails or malicious attachments sent to company employees. Emails are still the weakest link in security chain.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
Which is the biggest weak point in information security?
1) Phishing Attacks The biggest, most damaging and most widespread threat facing small businesses are phishing attacks. Phishing accounts for 90% of all breaches that organizations face, they’ve grown 65% over the last year, and they account for over $12 billion in business losses.
Why is security cost effective?
Organizations create budgets to achieve their business objectives. Cost – effective management of business processes, information, Information Technology (IT) services and hence information security is essential for both the competitive edge and survivability of an organization.
What is fail safe in cyber security?
A mode of termination of system functions that prevents damage See fail secure and fail soft for comparison. to specified system resources and system entities (i.e., specified data, property, and life) when a failure occurs or is detected in the system (but the failure still might cause a security compromise).
The English phrase a chain is no stronger than its weakest link means that a group is only as strong or successful as its weakest or least successful member.
First appeared in Thomas Reid’s “Essays on the Intellectual Powers of Man,” published in 1786; the full idiom “a chain is no stronger than its weakest link ” was first printed in Cornhill Magazine in 1868.
A Team is only as Strong as its Weakest Player – Andrew Eifler.
What is the weakest element in any security solution?
Explanation: Regardless of the specifics of a security solution, humans are the weakest element.
What is the primary reason to avoid risk?
Selected Answer:cost of gaining a consumerAnswers:future lost revenuecost of gaining a consumercustomer influencedata Question 6 0.25 out of 0.25 points What is the primary reason to avoid risk? Selected Answer:The impact of the risk outweighs the benefit of the asset.Answers: Risks create vulnerabilities and threats.
Which of the following is not considered an example of data hiding?
Which of the following is not considered an example of data hiding? Preventing an authorized reader of an object from deleting that object is just an example of access control, not data hiding. If you can read an object, it is not hidden from you.