- 1 What is OCO in cyber security?
- 2 What are the key terms for security?
- 3 What is defensive cyber security?
- 4 What do you call a person who intends to do harm cyber security?
- 5 What are the seven 7 steps of the cyber kill chain give one detailed example of one of the steps?
- 6 What are the 3 categories of security?
- 7 What is cyber security in layman’s terms?
- 8 Is security guard a government job?
- 9 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 10 What certificates are needed for cyber security?
- 11 What is a SIEM solution?
- 12 Is cyber terrorism a threat?
- 13 How do cyber threats pose a danger?
- 14 What is an example of an internal threat?
What is OCO in cyber security?
Offensive cyberspace operations ( OCO ) are “intended to project power by the application of force in and through cyberspace. In any event, offensive cyber operations are to be used discriminatingly. “Military attacks will be directed only at military targets.
What are the key terms for security?
We’re here to make this learning curve easier by providing a list of the 25 most important cyber security terminology that everyone should know:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- IP Address.
What is defensive cyber security?
Defensive Track: Uses a reactive approach to security that focuses on prevention, detection, and response to attacks. General Track: Utilizes a mix of offensive and defensive tactics to provide cybersecurity.
What do you call a person who intends to do harm cyber security?
attacker. Definition: An individual, group, organization, or government that executes an attack. Extended Definition: A party acting with malicious intent to compromise an information system.
What are the seven 7 steps of the cyber kill chain give one detailed example of one of the steps?
The 7 Essential Steps of the Cybersecurity Kill – Chain Process
- Step 1: RECONNAISSANCE. Harvesting email addresses, conference information, etc.
- Step 2: WEAPONIZATION.
- Step 3: DELIVERY.
- Step 4: EXPLOITATION.
- Step 5: INSTALLATION.
- Step 6: COMMAND AND CONTROL.
- Step 7: Actions on Objectives.
What are the 3 categories of security?
There are three primary areas or classifications of security controls. These include management security, operational security, and physical security controls.
What is cyber security in layman’s terms?
Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security. Application security focuses on keeping software and devices free of threats.
Is security guard a government job?
A security guard (also known as a security inspector, security officer, or protective agent) is a person employed by a government or private party to protect the employing party’s assets (property, people, equipment, money, etc.) The authorities permitted to security guards vary by country and subnational jurisdiction.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
What certificates are needed for cyber security?
The top 6 professional cyber security certifications and who they’re for
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
What is a SIEM solution?
Security Information and Event Management ( SIEM ) is a software solution that aggregates and analyzes activity from many different resources across your entire IT infrastructure. SIEM collects security data from network devices, servers, domain controllers, and more.
Is cyber terrorism a threat?
Many believe that cyberterrorism is an extreme threat to countries’ economies, and fear an attack could potentially lead to another Great Depression. Several leaders agree that cyberterrorism has the highest percentage of threat over other possible attacks on U.S. territory.
How do cyber threats pose a danger?
Cyber attacks can cause electrical blackouts, failure of military equipment, and breaches of national security secrets. They can result in the theft of valuable, sensitive data like medical records. They can disrupt phone and computer networks or paralyze systems, making data unavailable.
What is an example of an internal threat?
Internal threats originate within the organization itself and usually are carried out by a current and former employee, a contractor, a business associate, etc. Common types of insider threats include unauthorized data transfers, abuse of employee privileges, and data sharing.