- 1 What is a flaw in computer?
- 2 What is weakness in information security?
- 3 What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
- 4 What is a program security flaw?
- 5 What was the first computer bug?
- 6 Why does an application have bugs?
- 7 Which is the biggest weak point in information security?
- 8 What are the Top 5 cyber threats?
- 9 What is considered a cyber attack?
- 10 Is WannaCry a worm?
- 11 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 12 What motivates cyber crime?
- 13 Is malware malicious?
- 14 What are non malicious programs?
- 15 What is program security?
What is a flaw in computer?
A software bug is an error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. Bugs may have subtle effects or cause the program to crash or freeze the computer.
What is weakness in information security?
One of the best indicators of information security weakness is that the firm has had information security, or hacking, events in the past. As such, the circumstances regarding the nature of previous hacking events must be explored and documented.
What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
The most common software security vulnerabilities include:
- Missing data encryption.
- OS command injection.
- SQL injection.
- Buffer overflow.
- Missing authentication for critical function.
- Missing authorization.
- Unrestricted upload of dangerous file types.
- Reliance on untrusted inputs in a security decision.
What is a program security flaw?
We call such unexpected behavior a program security flaw; it is inappropriate program behavior caused by a program vulnerability. A flaw can be either a fault or failure, and a vulnerability usually describes a class of flaws, such as a buffer overflow.
What was the first computer bug?
Sep 9, 1947 CE: World’s First Computer Bug. On September 9, 1947, a team of computer scientists reported the world’s first computer bug —a moth trapped in their computer at Harvard University.
Why does an application have bugs?
There are many reasons for Software Bugs. The most common reason is human mistakes in software design and coding. Once you know the causes for Software Defects it will be easier for you to take corrective actions to minimize these defects.
Which is the biggest weak point in information security?
1) Phishing Attacks The biggest, most damaging and most widespread threat facing small businesses are phishing attacks. Phishing accounts for 90% of all breaches that organizations face, they’ve grown 65% over the last year, and they account for over $12 billion in business losses.
What are the Top 5 cyber threats?
Here are the current top five cyber threats that you should be aware of.
- Data leakage.
- Insider threat.
What is considered a cyber attack?
A cyber attack is an assault launched by cybercriminals using one or more computers against a single or multiple computers or networks. A cyber attack can maliciously disable computers, steal data, or use a breached computer as a launch point for other attacks.
Is WannaCry a worm?
WannaCry was a computer virus, or more precisely a self-spreading worm, meaning that it replicated all by itself, finding new victims, breaking in and launching on the next computer automatically.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
What motivates cyber crime?
For instance, all cybercrimes linked to ransomware, phishing, online financial crimes, online fraud, password cracking, malware, hacking, sextortion are mainly motivated by financial gain but for some of them motivation can be due to pranks, activism, cyber theft, espionage (e.g. malware).
Is malware malicious?
Malware is a catch-all term for any type of malicious software designed to harm or exploit any programmable device, service or network. Cybercriminals typically use it to extract data that they can leverage over victims for financial gain.
What are non malicious programs?
Non – malware or fileless attack is a type of cyber attack in which the malicious code has nobody in the file system. In contrast to the attacks carried out with the help of traditional malicious software, non – malware attacks don’t require installing any software on a victim’s machine.
What is program security?
Program Security: Secure Programs, Nonmalicious Program Errors, viruses and other malicious code, Targeted Malicious code, controls Against Program Threats, Protection in General- Purpose operating system protected objects and methods of protection memory and addmens protection, File protection Mechanisms, User