- 1 What is the purpose of cyber security?
- 2 What is the Cyber Security Act?
- 3 What is cyber security and why is it important?
- 4 What are the key concepts of cyber security?
- 5 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 6 What are the major security problems?
- 7 What are the types of cyber law?
- 8 Is cyber security legal?
- 9 Who regulates cyber security?
- 10 Why is security so important?
- 11 What is cyber security in simple words?
- 12 How does cyber security affect us?
- 13 What are the three types of security?
- 14 What are the basics of security?
- 15 What are the 3 principles of information security?
What is the purpose of cyber security?
Cyber security protects the data and integrity of computing assets belonging to or connecting to an organization’s network. Its purpose is to defend those assets against all threat actors throughout the entire life cycle of a cyber attack.
What is the Cyber Security Act?
The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA S. 754 [114th Congress]) is a United States federal law designed to “improve cybersecurity in the United States through enhanced sharing of information about cybersecurity threats, and for other purposes”.
What is cyber security and why is it important?
Cybersecurity is important because it protects all categories of data from theft and damage. This includes sensitive data, personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), personal information, intellectual property, data, and governmental and industry information systems.
What are the key concepts of cyber security?
The Cyber Security on a whole is a very broad term but is based on three fundamental concepts known as “The CIA Triad“. It consists of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability. This model is designed to guide the organization with the policies of Cyber Security in the realm of Information security.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
What are the major security problems?
- Ransomware Attacks. Ransomware attacks have become popular in the last few years and pose one of India’s most prominent Cyber Security challenges in 2020.
- IoT Attacks.
- Cloud Attacks.
- Phishing Attacks.
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Attacks.
- Software Vulnerabilities.
- Machine Learning and AI Attacks.
- BYOD Policies.
What are the types of cyber law?
The major areas of cyber law include:
- Fraud: Consumers depend on cyber laws to protect them from online fraud.
- Copyright: The internet has made copyright violations easier.
- Harassment and Stalking:
- Freedom of Speech:
- Trade Secrets:
- Contracts and Employment Law:
Is cyber security legal?
In addition to providing legal recognition and protection for transactions carried out through electronic data and other means of electronic communication, the IT Act and various rules made there under, also focus on information security, defines reasonable security practices to be followed by corporates and redefines
Who regulates cyber security?
Penalties and enforcement: The FTC relies on two authorities to enforce data security compliance: its statutory authority to police unfair and deceptive acts or practices under Section 5 of the FTC Act, and its authority to enforce its safeguards regulations promulgated under the GLBA.
Why is security so important?
Effective and reliable workplace security is very important to any business because it reduces insurance, compensation, liabilities, and other expenses that the company must pay to its stakeholders, ultimately leading to increased business revenue and a reduction in operational charges incurred.
What is cyber security in simple words?
Cyber security refers to the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access. Cyber security may also be referred to as information technology security.
How does cyber security affect us?
Cyber attacks can cause electrical blackouts, failure of military equipment, and breaches of national security secrets. They can result in the theft of valuable, sensitive data like medical records. They can disrupt phone and computer networks or paralyze systems, making data unavailable.
What are the three types of security?
There are three primary areas or classifications of security controls. These include management security, operational security, and physical security controls.
What are the basics of security?
Three basic security concepts important to information on the internet are confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Concepts relating to the people who use that information are authentication, authorization, and nonrepudiation.
What are the 3 principles of information security?
The fundamental principles (tenets) of information security are confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Every element of an information security program (and every security control put in place by an entity) should be designed to achieve one or more of these principles. Together, they are called the CIA Triad.