- 1 What is confidentiality in cyber security?
- 2 What is an example of a cyber incident?
- 3 What role does information security cybersecurity play in your life?
- 4 How confidentiality is achieved in information security?
- 5 What are the 3 principles of information security?
- 6 What are the 3 pillars of security?
- 7 What are the 10 types of cybercrime?
- 8 What are the Top 5 cyber crimes?
- 9 What are three examples of cybercrime?
- 10 How does cyber security affect us?
- 11 Why is daily security important?
- 12 What are the benefits of cybersecurity?
- 13 How do you achieve confidentiality?
- 14 What is confidentiality attack?
- 15 How do you achieve security availability?
What is confidentiality in cyber security?
The purpose of ‘ Confidentiality ‘ is to ensure the protection of data by preventing the unauthorised disclosure of information. Only individuals with the legitimate authorisation to access the required information should be permitted it, also known as permissions on the “need to know” basis.
What is an example of a cyber incident?
Examples of cyber attacks unauthorised access to information held on a corporate network or systems. unauthorised access to data held in third-party systems (eg hosted services) system infiltration or damage through malware. disruption or denial of service that limits access to your network or systems.
What role does information security cybersecurity play in your life?
Cybersecurity is important because it protects all categories of data from theft and damage. This includes sensitive data, personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), personal information, intellectual property, data, and governmental and industry information systems.
How confidentiality is achieved in information security?
Confidentiality – ensures that sensitive information are accessed only by an authorized person and kept away from those not authorized to possess them. It is implemented using security mechanisms such as usernames, passwords, access control lists (ACLs), and encryption.
What are the 3 principles of information security?
The fundamental principles (tenets) of information security are confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Every element of an information security program (and every security control put in place by an entity) should be designed to achieve one or more of these principles. Together, they are called the CIA Triad.
What are the 3 pillars of security?
The CIA triad refers to an information security model made up of the three main components: confidentiality, integrity and availability. Each component represents a fundamental objective of information security.
What are the 10 types of cybercrime?
Types of Cybercrime
- DDoS Attacks. These are used to make an online service unavailable and take the network down by overwhelming the site with traffic from a variety of sources.
- Identity Theft.
- Social Engineering.
- Prohibited/Illegal Content.
What are the Top 5 cyber crimes?
Here are 5 of the top cybercrimes affecting businesses and individuals in 2020:
- Phishing Scams.
- Website Spoofing.
- IOT Hacking.
What are three examples of cybercrime?
Here are some specific examples of the different types of cybercrime:
- Email and internet fraud.
- Identity fraud (where personal information is stolen and used).
- Theft of financial or card payment data.
- Theft and sale of corporate data.
- Cyberextortion (demanding money to prevent a threatened attack).
How does cyber security affect us?
Cyber attacks can cause electrical blackouts, failure of military equipment, and breaches of national security secrets. They can result in the theft of valuable, sensitive data like medical records. They can disrupt phone and computer networks or paralyze systems, making data unavailable.
Why is daily security important?
We need Human Security in all the things we do One thing we need to do on daily basis is appreciating all the things we have, houses, cars, jobs, especial skills we have and the fact we can communicate.
What are the benefits of cybersecurity?
Benefits of managing cybersecurity?
- Protect networks and data from unauthorized access.
- Improved information security and business continuity management.
- Improved stakeholder confidence in your information security arrangements.
- Improved company credentials with the correct security controls in place.
How do you achieve confidentiality?
Ways of maintaining confidentiality are to:
- talk about clients in a private and soundproof place.
- not use client’s names.
- only talk about clients to relevant people.
- keep communication books in a drawer or on a desk away from visitors to the agency.
What is confidentiality attack?
Attackers can use many methods to compromise confidentiality. Once the data is captured, the attacker can read the sensitive data like passwords or card numbers, if the network traffic is not encrypted. The most widely used packet capture software is Wireshark.
How do you achieve security availability?
Ensuring Availability Build preventive measures such as redundancy, failover, and Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) into system design. Make security audits routine. Auto-update or stay abreast of system, network, and application updates.