- 1 What are the areas of cyber security?
- 2 What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
- 3 What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- 4 What are the two components of cybersecurity risk?
- 5 What are the five elements of the NIST cybersecurity framework?
- 6 How do I know if cyber security is for me?
- 7 What is the most common vulnerability?
- 8 Is WannaCry a worm?
- 9 Which of the following is not a type of cyber crime?
- 10 What type of attacks do hackers use?
- 11 What is the most successful cyber attack method?
- 12 What is the most dangerous cyber attack?
- 13 What is a risk in cybersecurity?
- 14 What is a risk in network security?
- 15 What is a cyber component?
What are the areas of cyber security?
The eight specializations are:
- Architecture and Policy.
- Data Loss Prevention.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Identity and Access Management.
- Incident Response and Forensic Analysis.
- Penetration Testing.
- Secure DevOps.
- Secure Software Development.
What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
Security Vulnerability Types
- Network Vulnerabilities. These are issues with a network’s hardware or software that expose it to possible intrusion by an outside party.
- Operating System Vulnerabilities.
- Human Vulnerabilities.
- Process Vulnerabilities.
What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
Common types of cyber attacks
- Malware. Malware is a term used to describe malicious software, including spyware, ransomware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-middle attack.
- Denial-of-service attack.
- SQL injection.
- Zero-day exploit.
- DNS Tunneling.
What are the two components of cybersecurity risk?
Protecting all data sources, establishing a cyber perimeter, and monitoring threats are all foundational pillars to cyber risk management.
What are the five elements of the NIST cybersecurity framework?
They include identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover. These five NIST functions all work concurrently and continuously to form the foundation where other essential elements can be built for successful high-profile cybersecurity risk management.
How do I know if cyber security is for me?
You should consider a career in cyber security if …
- You’re a digital native.
- You’re good at identifying what could go wrong.
- You’re realistic.
- You’ve got an eye for detail.
- You’re curious.
- You like new challenges.
- You’re methodical.
- You’re a strong communicator.
What is the most common vulnerability?
The Top 10 security vulnerabilities as per OWASP Top 10 are:
- Insecure Direct Object References.
- Cross Site Request Forgery.
- Security Misconfiguration.
- Insecure Cryptographic Storage.
- Failure to restrict URL Access.
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection.
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards.
Is WannaCry a worm?
WannaCry was a computer virus, or more precisely a self-spreading worm, meaning that it replicated all by itself, finding new victims, breaking in and launching on the next computer automatically.
Which of the following is not a type of cyber crime?
Which of the following is not a type of peer-to-peer cyber – crime? Explanation: Phishing, injecting Trojans and worms to individuals comes under peer-to-peer cyber crime. Whereas, leakage of credit card data of a large number of people in deep web comes under computer as weapon cyber – crime.
What type of attacks do hackers use?
Denial-of-service (DoS) and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack. Phishing and spear phishing attacks. Drive-by attack.
What is the most successful cyber attack method?
Phishing Phishing is probably the most common form of cyber – attack, largely because it is easy to carry-out, and surprisingly effective.
What is the most dangerous cyber attack?
The 7 Most Dangerous Cyber Attacks (and How to Fight Back)
- Brute Force.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Injection.
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- Man in the Middle.
What is a risk in cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity risk is the probability of exposure, loss of critical assets and sensitive information, or reputational harm as a result of a cyber attack or breach within an organization’s network.
What is a risk in network security?
Risk is defined as the potential for loss or damage when a threat exploits a vulnerability. Examples of risk include: Financial losses. Loss of privacy.
What is a cyber component?
CPS is the merger of “ cyber ” as electric and electronic systems with “physical” things. The “ cyber component ” allows the “physical component ” (such as mechanical systems) to interact with the physical world by creating a virtual copy of it.