- 1 What are the security categories in cyber security?
- 2 What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
- 3 What are the key terms for security?
- 4 What are the 3 pillars of security?
- 5 What are the 10 forms of cyber security?
- 6 What are the two main types of cyber security attack?
- 7 What is the most common vulnerability?
- 8 What is the example of vulnerability?
- 9 What is an example of physical vulnerability?
- 10 What do you call a person who does cyber security?
- 11 What is another name for cybersecurity?
- 12 What is cyber security in layman’s terms?
- 13 What are the four pillars of security?
- 14 What is the CIA triad?
- 15 What are the three main goals of the CIA of security?
What are the security categories in cyber security?
Cyber security professionals should have an in-depth understanding of the following types of cyber security threats.
- Malware. Malware is malicious software such as spyware, ransomware, viruses and worms.
- Denial of Service.
- Man in the Middle.
- SQL Injection.
- Password Attacks.
What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
The most common software security vulnerabilities include:
- Missing data encryption.
- OS command injection.
- SQL injection.
- Buffer overflow.
- Missing authentication for critical function.
- Missing authorization.
- Unrestricted upload of dangerous file types.
- Reliance on untrusted inputs in a security decision.
What are the key terms for security?
We’re here to make this learning curve easier by providing a list of the 25 most important cyber security terminology that everyone should know:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- IP Address.
What are the 3 pillars of security?
The CIA triad refers to an information security model made up of the three main components: confidentiality, integrity and availability. Each component represents a fundamental objective of information security.
What are the 10 forms of cyber security?
Top 10 Common Types of Cybersecurity Attacks
- Malware. The term “malware” encompasses various types of attacks including spyware, viruses, and worms.
- Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) Attacks.
- Denial-of-Service (DOS) Attack.
- SQL Injections.
- Zero-day Exploit.
- Password Attack.
- Cross-site Scripting.
What are the two main types of cyber security attack?
- Injection attacks. It is the attack in which some data will be injected into a web application to manipulate the application and fetch the required information.
- DNS Spoofing.
- Session Hijacking.
- Brute force.
- Denial of Service.
- Dictionary attacks.
- URL Interpretation.
What is the most common vulnerability?
The Top 10 security vulnerabilities as per OWASP Top 10 are:
- Insecure Direct Object References.
- Cross Site Request Forgery.
- Security Misconfiguration.
- Insecure Cryptographic Storage.
- Failure to restrict URL Access.
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection.
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards.
What is the example of vulnerability?
Vulnerability is a weakness or some area where you are exposed or at risk. If you are running for political office and you don’t want anyone to find out about a scandal in your past, the scandal is an example of a vulnerability.
What is an example of physical vulnerability?
1. Physical Vulnerability may be determined by aspects such as population density levels, remoteness of a settlement, the site, design and materials used for critical infrastructure and for housing (UNISDR). Example: Wooden homes are less likely to collapse in an earthquake, but are more vulnerable to fire.
What do you call a person who does cyber security?
Typical job titles are security analyst, security engineer, security administrator, security architect, security specialist, and security consultant. Special variations of some of the titles are sometimes preferred, such as information assurance analyst, and security software developer.
What is another name for cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus. What is another word for cybersecurity?
|computer security||internet security|
|IT security||network security|
What is cyber security in layman’s terms?
Cyber security is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security. Application security focuses on keeping software and devices free of threats.
What are the four pillars of security?
There are four basic principles that apply for most security systems: authentication, authorization, confidentiality, and integrity.
What is the CIA triad?
These three letters stand for confidentiality, integrity, and availability, otherwise known as the CIA triad. Together, these three principles form the cornerstone of any organization’s security infrastructure; in fact, they (should) function as goals and objectives for every security program.
What are the three main goals of the CIA of security?
Why the CIA triad is important Confidentiality, integrity and availability together are considered the three most important concepts within information security. Considering these three principles together within the framework of the “triad” can help guide the development of security policies for organizations.