- 1 What are five things that cybersecurity ensures?
- 2 What are two areas that the DoD definition for cybersecurity stresses that were not?
- 3 What process is used to implement cybersecurity in DoD acquisition programs?
- 4 Which of the following are areas within cybersecurity?
- 5 Which three are a part of the five pillars of security?
- 6 What are the three pillars of isms?
- 7 What do you call a person who intends to do harm cyber security?
- 8 Which of the following is a common protection method used to protect against cyber attacks?
- 9 What is a cyber event?
- 10 What are the six steps of RMF?
- 11 How do you do a RMF?
- 12 What is the first step in the RMF assessment and authorization process?
- 13 What are the 3 main categories of security?
- 14 What are common security controls?
- 15 What are the three types of countermeasures?
What are five things that cybersecurity ensures?
Overview. This learning module takes a deeper look at the Cybersecurity Framework’s five Functions: Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover.
What are two areas that the DoD definition for cybersecurity stresses that were not?
This preview shows page 2 – 4 out of 4 pages. 10. The two areas stressed in the DoD definition for cybersecurity that were not stressed in the Information Assurance are Communications and Prevention True False 11.
What process is used to implement cybersecurity in DoD acquisition programs?
Each step feeds into the program’s cybersecurity risk assessment that should occur throughout the acquisition lifecycle process.
- Step 1: CATEGORIZE System.
- Step 2: SELECT Security Controls.
- Step 3: IMPLEMENT Security Controls.
- Step 4: ASSESS Security Controls.
- Step 5: AUTHORIZE System.
- Step 6: MONITOR Security Controls.
Which of the following are areas within cybersecurity?
The eight specializations are:
- Architecture and Policy.
- Data Loss Prevention.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Identity and Access Management.
- Incident Response and Forensic Analysis.
- Penetration Testing.
- Secure DevOps.
- Secure Software Development.
Which three are a part of the five pillars of security?
The CIA triad refers to an information security model made up of the three main components: confidentiality, integrity and availability. Each component represents a fundamental objective of information security.
What are the three pillars of isms?
People, Processes & Technology are 3 key pillars of your Information Security Management System ( ISMS ). Every day, you might use a mobile device to make calls, send text messages, post articles on social media platforms, and access information on the web.
What do you call a person who intends to do harm cyber security?
attacker. Definition: An individual, group, organization, or government that executes an attack. Extended Definition: A party acting with malicious intent to compromise an information system.
Which of the following is a common protection method used to protect against cyber attacks?
A virtual private network (VPN) is a great way to protect sensitive data, especially when accessing a public Wi-Fi network. A VPN encrypts all information transmitted by your device and helps prevent many types of cyberattacks.
What is a cyber event?
Cyber Event means (a) any occurrence in an information system or network that has, or may potentially result in, unauthorized access, processing, corruption, modification, transfer or disclosure of data and/or Confidential Information or (b) a violation of an explicit or implemented Company security policy.
What are the six steps of RMF?
The RMF is a culmination of multiple special publications (SP) produced by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) – as we’ll see below, the steps of the NIST RMF, split into 6 categories, Step 1: Categorize/ Identify, Step 2: Select, Step 3: Implement, Step 4: Assess, Step 5: Authorize and Step 6:
How do you do a RMF?
The 6 Risk Management Framework ( RMF ) Steps
- Categorize Information Systems.
- Select Security Controls.
- Implement Security Controls.
- Assess Security Controls.
- Authorize Information Systems.
- Monitor Security Controls.
RMF Step 1 Categorization is the key first step in the Risk Management Framework because of its effect on all other steps in the framework, from selection of security controls to level of effort in assessing security control effectiveness.
What are the 3 main categories of security?
There are three primary areas or classifications of security controls. These include management security, operational security, and physical security controls.
What are common security controls?
Common controls are security controls that can support multiple information systems efficiently and effectively as a common capability. Common controls can be any type of security control or protective measures used to meet the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information system.
What are the three types of countermeasures?
These countermeasures can be classified into three types of categories, including, cryptography methods, humans factors, and intrusion detection methods, as presented in Fig.